Pathways is New Zealand's largest provider of community-based mental health and wellness services. Over 22 years we have - in partnership with people using our services, family/whanau, our team and the wider health sector - developed our services to include a diverse range of supports. These include:
- peer support
- mobile community support
- residential services
- housing facilitation through Keys Living Choices
- employment and training facilitation, in partnership with Workwise Employment Agency
- support to connect with family/whanau and the community
- support to live a healthier life.
At Pathways we have a fundamental belief people can shape their own futures and live well. When planning our work, we keep the following principles front of mind - because people who use our services, their family/whanau and our team have asked us to. We are mindful that:
- people are citizens, not 'consumers'
- everyone has the right and ability to work
- people need a real income and have the right to create and manage their own money
- people have the right to make choices
- peer support specialists are a key part of today's and tomorrow's workforce
- we all must understand the issue of poverty, challenge internal stigma and advocate for change
- we must deliver services in a focussed and purposeful way, wherever people are
- community development must continue to form part of what we do
- we must continue to build alliances with those who assist our vision of eliminating poverty.
Pathways is the founding member of the Wise Group - a family of community entities working in the health and social service sector. The benefits of being part of this family and sharing resources are huge. As a collective, the entities in the Wise Group are able to work collaboratively, sharing knowledge and expertise to create fresh possibilities for the wellbeing of people and communities.